Crochet Granny Square Tote Bag


I have been MIA from the blog for a long time, but I have been busy (creatively speaking). I have started new hobbies ; cooking, gardening and crocheting. When I started learning crochet I took up  a very big project and instantly regretted it. It was the Harry Styles inspired crochet cardigan that I saw on tiktok. I started crocheting and didn't know what I am doing. But finally finished it. It is far from perfect but Ananya promised me that she liked it a lot :) 

Since then I have already made crochet hat for my brother ( Ananya is going to gift him when she visit India in July), crochet scrunchies, crochet earrings and two crochet bags. 

Crochet earrings are my favourite items to make. They are super easy and look unique. Last Sunday I went to a party and wore the two tone earring matching my T shirt. Everybody was gaga over them.

I finished this bag today. Initially I made the granny squares for a top, but then dropped the idea because I haven't mastered the joining of squares yet. So I decided to make bag out of them. First  I made a crochet messenger bag. It is finished but I am thinking of sewing fabric lining in it. So it is in the 'to do' projects now.

But I am in love with this tote bag. I love the colour combination and the pink lines that join the squares. I think I am going to use this method for my next crochet Top. The yarns used are DROPS PARIS and DROPS LOVE YOU. 

 I am entering this bag in the following challenges :
CRAFT challenge blog : Recycled, The Gray yarn is recycled from a top I crocheted, but didn't like the pattern.
Crafting Happiness Challenges : Always anything goes
Allsorts Challenge : Anything but a Birthday
Let's craft and create : Anything Goes, I am foregoing the option 'tag you are it'


Comments

  1. A very pretty result for your crochet project! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work and these colors are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty :) Bautiful colors! :) Thanks for sharing your work with us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I really love to read your opinions and thoughts. Have a lovely day :)